- Posted by chackra.org, April 16, 2011
I have heard from reliable sources that in pursuit of a business project to finance ISKCON activities, His Holiness Bhakti Caru Swami has incurred a large debt to banks, well-wishers and disciples. The business project went bankrupt and now there is a significant debt which BCS is attempting to pay down since he was involved in the endeavor. I recommend that the GBC caution ISKCON leaders about fund raising for business projects even for the purpose of devotional service. The position of guru is powerful and disciples or well-wishers may feel obliged to donate. I urge the well-wishers of Bhakti Caru Swami to be certain of the precise purpose of any donations.
From Payonidhi dasa:
Friday, April 15, 2011
Dear Braja Bihari Prabhu, Please accept my humble obeisences. All glories to Srila Prabhupada. It was good seeing and talking to you again.
Now you stated Bhakti Caru Swami did not invest in the stock market, then what is the $6-7 million dollars he lost in some business transaction according to Deenabandhu Prabhu, or did he simply fabricate this? I have never seen or heard him fabricate things like that so I give it credit, as a genuine concern for Srila Prabhupada's movement.
Why are some sannyasis in ISKCON addicted to wealth? HH Narayana Maharaja also noted this addiction to wealth by some ISKCON sannyasis and spoke out about it as they are properly exceptions, I know of at least 7 ISKCON sannyasis that seems very addicted to money and personal wealth and a couple of other GBC's and TP's.
1) Bhakti Caru Swami, that has allegedly lost 6-7 millions dollars by business dealings according to Deenabandhu Prabhu.
2) Romapada Swami as he has given a local disciple here a cash loan to buy a house, that he pays back with interest, he told me along with his wife when they dropped me to my house around 2-3 years ago. This is certainly illegal according to US laws, and why would any sannyasi have this kind of wealth? This is capitalistic exploitation of neophyte disciples.
3) I have also seen Navayogendra Swami's aggression for money, that he even insulted some congregational members in Seattle in 1994, I protested this to him and Harivilasa and was asked to leave, which was fine with me as I surely would not stay with the cheaters and the cheated. [I reported this to the GBC in 1995-96 and the GBC sent Prthu das to try to bring some stability to the area.]
4) Harivilasa has allegedly sold Spiritual sky many years ago, which really was ISKCOn property and not his to sell,this needs a clarification and investigation by the GBC.
5) I have witnessed Bhakti Caitanya Swami having a full bag with many thousand of dollars cash once we shared a room this gives me no trust in him.
6) I have seen the greed of Harikesa, Suhotra and Devamrta Swami for money, along with some of Harikesas former leading disciples, (in 2 cases these so-called disciples bought expensive cars, which is the reason at this time I left this zone in 1989).
7) Srila Prabhupada also wrote letters to some leading sannyasa disciples not to have their own houses, however there is several sannyasis in ISKCON in violation of this instruction. However if some disciples wants their spiritual master to have a house in Vrindavan or Mayapura we can not blame their devotion, but Srila Prabhupadas instruction is still there not to accept a house. The sannyasis are supposed to travel and preach not to sit down in one place and simply enjoy comforts. Strictly speaking of all asramas only grhasthas can have a house.
8) Also some devotee from ISKCON Denver accused Anuttama Prabhu for having a jewlery business when he was TP there many years ago, and that he profited from (using temple devotees to collect), not paying taxes or nothing as it was an illegal business. It would be good to know what really took place and if there is another side to the story?
9) The painting buiseness started by Bhavananda, Harikesa and Satsvarupa and others in the early 80s was also an illegal business, what to speak of the many scams used in New Vrindavan under the guidance of Kirtananda and Devamrta Swami [and Radhanatha swami].
10) The huge salary that some leaders have been paid in ISKCON
is also a deviation of Srila Prabhupadas instructions that only sudras accept
for devotional service.
11) Many leaders in ISKCON, GBC's, TP's and sannyasis have zero to little interest in the increasing of the distribution of Srila Prabhupada's books, what to speak of active participation for themselves and disciples. However to accept disciples that does not spread KC is simply useless.
12) Yukta viragya is not excuse for abuses of Laxmi that only belongs to Sri Krsna.
It is the duty of all members in ISKCON to distribute Srila Prabhupadas books and whether most will not accept this, this is the clear instruction of Srila Prabhupada, see SB 7.9.44 purport. An easy going life and advancement in KC does not go well together.
We can not be so selfish and not care for suffering humanity and not distribute prasadam, books and do Harinama on daily basis, this is also what temples are meant for. Not to simply ring the bells at the temples. Bhaktisiddhanta Prabhupada told Prabhupada to better sell the marble and print books.
The preaching mission is the most important. Financially transparency and more book distribution will do ISKCON a lot of good.
13) Some devotees are concerned that some BBT devotees live off
of ISKCON and get a "free ride" without fully dedicating themselves
to spreading KC. The more corruption and child molesters are not allowed and the
spreading of KC through book distribution, prasadam distribution and Harinama
expands, the more KC will spread. We talked about congregation, certainly we should not neglect anyone, but the training them in KC is of great essence.
And once again I like to emphasize the more we chant the holy name, with faith and attention trying to avoid nama aparadhas the more we will become empowered to spread KC.16 rounds still remain the bare minimum for the neophytes, but Srila Prabhupada has explained in some of his lectures that a real brahmana is constantly engaged in chanting Hare Krsna. 64 rounds remains the standard of Lord Caitanya and we should all work to get there not be lazy when it comes to chanting Hare Krishna, less prajalpa and more chanting.
I think it is good news you and your wife is in ISKCON Potomac
and I believe you both will give new life to this temple, I trust your wife can
serve Srila Prabhupada nicely as the TP there. I wish you both good luck and welcome,
and as time goes perhaps I can become more involved in Potomac temple also, and
help distribute books for the temple also. your servant
BY: MAHAVIDYA DAS (ACBSP)
Jul 21, 2010 -- UK (SUN) --
An interesting article from Bhakta Kripa prabhu wherein he rises up to defend HH Bhakti Caru Swami.
For the record, I have been trying to get in touch with HH Bhakti
Caru Swami for several years now, all to no avail. A bit of a joke, really. Somehow
or other, HH is never available.
I do not know what HH Bhakti Caru Swami does or does not do in
the rest of the world, but I do know what he does or does not do when he flies
into Bhaktivedanta Manor. The said Swami's own disciples tell me: HH Bhakti
Caru Swami comes to ISKCON UK on a regular basis, usually to collect cash.
Rumour has it the Swami has just been given a duff diamond by
one of his followers, tut tut . Some of his disciples complain to me that he
rarely, if ever, asks them about their spiritual welfare.
He has a cosy relationship with the local management wherein they openly flatter each other. Maharaja's feet rarely, if ever so to speak, get off the red carpet.
we never hear of Maharaja speaking up against
all the nonsense that goes on here at Bhaktivedanta Manor, no... not once. And
why is that? To put it simply
no more cash for HH Bhakti Caru Swami!
So when Bhakta Kripa prabhu raves about HH Bhakti Caru Swami's preaching, one is obliged to ask... Just what is HH Bhakti Caru Swami preaching?
Comment by Mario Pineda:
Hare Krishna. Respects to the true Vaisnavas and all glories to Srila Prabhupada! Down with the veta vata ratas (racal self made Gods)
Yes, we have seen the "swamis" in ISKCON and other "gurus" in ISKCON use others moneys for secret businesses and other investments and then they loose all the money. Why these "as good as God" swamis go away from strict KC to do some businesses that do not work, or run with the money maybe? It is said one "swami" died with 23 million in the bank! Other still "living," are said to have more than 50 millions. All this while many devotees have hardly to eat!!
They loose or take the money and then put so much pressure on their naive and gullible disciples to collect to pay their credit cards etc. So much pressure, hat one Latin lady devotee tried to commit suicide due to the very high quota she had to collect for her "guru."!!
I wonder what devotional service Mr. Anandakrsna is talking about. Is he talking about the "service" of stealing the original Gita in the 60s and then changing the original Gita against Srila Prabhupada's desire in the early 80s? Or is he talking about the "service" of the GBC of not following the order of Srila Prabhupada for the DOM (Direction of management) since 1970? Or is he talking about the "service" of locking Srila Prabhupada in a room with no food or water by his "disciples" in Los Angeles to better plot how to take over his ISKCON? Or is he talking about the "service" of the GBC to not follow Srila Prabhupadas July 9th 1977 transcendental legal directive on initiations? Or is he talking about the "service" of someone poisoning Srila Prabhupada? (The forensic scientist advised for a criminal investigation) Or is he talking about the "service" of not having all his disciples come to Vrnadavana as he wanted? Or is he talking about doing the "service" of not taking Srila Prabhupada around Govardhna Hill as he wanted? It should be noted that when Srila Prabhupada was told that they will not take him because he may die, Srila Prabhupada responded/. "better to be killed by Rama than to be killed by Ravana." He was actually comparing some of his disciples to Ravana!!
So we can practically see that the so called service of the "so called Real Vaisnavas" was not service at all, but it was guru aparadha or the mad elephant offense on not following the order of the spiritual master, which at once kills the creeper of devotion and therefor Srila Prabhupada compared these men to Ravana!! Of course, the same Ravanas as Srila Prabhupada called them, declared themselves to be " as good as Krishna gurus," and they are still officially promoted as such today by the bulk of the ISKCON GBC!!
It does not matter so much who I am. What matters is the real philosophy, the real history and who is who in the movement. These things you obviously do not know. But I can say that I am a descendant of ex French monks, my mother was a nun at one time who prayed I be a devotee before she met my father and I have been serving Srila Prabhupada since the late 60s and have chanted my rounds and followed the principles for decades. I currently have been elected treasurer at the local Interfaith council by 15 religious leaders and feed 100 homeless Prasada monthly for the past 6 years. My East Indian blood wife was a pujari in ISKCON for 15 years. I pioneered FOLK in Los Angeles California and the Prabhupada festival with another devotee and stated the Prabhupada family reunion in Los Angeles and got the corporation papers down town L.A, to get Srila Prabhupada's original Gita printed again. I also jump started the poison investigation when it had "stopped." I have paid the rent of devotees with small children when corrupt ISKCON leaders were ready to through them on the street, despite many years of service. I support ISKCON Bangalore and ISKCON IRM. I have donated for legal fees of the counter law case for 1 billion dollars against the corrupt GBC. BY THE WAY, I have no objection when you can call me a parasite with no real life. :)
Mahavidya das(ACBSP), Aug 12, London, UK:
I have just read HH Bhakti Caru Swamis article. If I may comment. In the past, I have spoken to Maharaja on different occasions and found him to be a gentleman. However, I am disturbed by his recent statement (albeit received second hand) that should he take birth again, he hopes it would be as a child of Prana bhandu das (disciple of Sivarama Swami) or Sruti dharma das (SRS).
HH is said to have made this statement at a Vaisnava appreciation
evening the day before Gauri das was publicly exposed.
Prana bhandu das is the devotee named by one of ISKCON UKs directors, Viswambhara das, as being caught with £50,000 cash.
I have the tape wherein Viswambhara das is discussing going to
the police about this issue. The police have a copy.
Of course, when the actual time came, pressure was applied to
Viswambhara das from ISKCON UK management, and he back peddled.
Sruti dharma das is one of the Bhaktivedanta Manor managers who (along with Prana bhandu das and others ) actively support Gauri das in breaking the ISKCON CPO resolutions.
Interestingly I have also been informed by one of Bhakti Carus disciples that he (Bhakti Caru Swami) has a secretary censor all his mail to weed out complaints. Perhaps HH Bhakti Caru Swami, who is a regular visitor to and has disciples here at Bhaktivedanta Manor, could express his position on salaries, and what his stance on ISKCON becoming a Hindu society is.
The photographs and accompanying report below, from which our story was taken verbatim, clearly document Bhakti Charu Swami ("BCS") worshipping Lord Shiva in ISKCON Ujjain, India, despite the fact, that Iskcon prohibits demigod worship:
"You also can see some pictures of Maha Shiva Ratri which was celebrated wonderfully at ISKCON Ujjain with Bhakti Charu Maharaja. Maharaja has announced fasting for all of us for this day." ("Shiva Ratri Celebration in Ujjain", BCS website, posted March 20th, 2008)
Please also see: Bhakti Caru's Planned Conference Minimizes the Pure Devotee
Teaches That 'Living Gurus' NOT Required
Charu Swamis current living links in a bogus link sampradaya, excluding Srila Prabhupada in the chain of disciplic succession.
Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!
All glories to His Divine Grace A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!
For any questions
please write to: